The perfect spa party starts with some fun custom invitations. Use your creativity and the skies the limit! Some example could be using an e-vite; www.Evite.com has several cute spa party invitations or write the details of the party with a permanent marker on pedicure sander or an inflatable bath pillow. This is an invitation I made for a spa party I just did.
Ambience is everything with a spa party! Some ideas you can use to make your party spa-atcular are:Hang
- Hang spa / makeover decorations around the house...on walls, chandeliers.
- Light scented candles and dim the lights to create a relaxing mood...an nice touch would be floating candles in a clear bowl on the table where the makeovers are taking place.
- Set the tone with some nature/spa music.
- Have flowers throughout the house.
- Don't forget the "trashy" magazines so the girls can catch up on all the latest Justin Beiber and Jonas Brothers gossip!
- Cover tables in hot pink and white table clothes and sprinkle with rose petals. Towels and face clothes were supplied for all the girls and adorned the tables.
- All signs and decorations were hand made by me!
And this is where the real fun begins!
- Supply face masks for all the girls to use. We used peel off masks and the girls loved it!
- We set up a a manicure station where the girls could pick out their nail polish. While their masks were doing their work we gave all the girls manicures.
- A professional make up artist came and did make up on all the girls, teaching them the art of applying make up for a beautiful effect!
- Have the girl make their own spa products - soaps, face masks and lip gloss!
- We also had dancing and singing.
- Start with healthy snacks - fruits, vegetables and wraps.
- A pink punch is sophisticated and fun. Frozen pink lemonade, cranberry juice and gingerale...throw in some frozen strawberries too!
- A spa treatment is not complete without chocolate...and what a better way to enjoy it then with a chocolate fountain! Fruits, rice krispie treats, cookies, marshmellows...anything can be dipped with chocolate!
- And no party is complete without a candy bar! Gumballs, candy necklaces and cotton candy just to name a few!
- And no party is complete until a spa themed cake makes a presence. Check out the one I did.
Finish the night with a token of thanks and memories of the evening.
- Take before and after pictures of the girls and frame the after pictures for them to take home as a keepsake.
- Tie an aromatherapy votive candle up in some tulle with a ribbon.
- Create a relaxation CD and copy it for all your friends. Wrap up a natural soap and a loofah or bath scrubbi.
- I made my own loot bags...these cute purse lootbags are perfect for a nail polish, lotion and anti bacterial gel from Bath and Body Works.